Sitting on a quiet rural lane about two miles above the historic town of Harlech, Rhiwgoch and its adjoining cottage Rhiwgoch Bach (both receivng the full 5-stars by Visit Wales) command spectacular countryside, mountain and coastal views. Harlech is the perfect location for both adventurous and relaxing holidays in North Wales. Rhiwgoch is a working Welsh hill farm of 150 acres of pasture and has been in the family for over a century. Sheep and cattle are mainly farmed on the farm.
Lying equal distance from the popular Snowdonia mountains in the north and the Cader Idris range and the magnificent Mawddach Estury to the south, it is the ideal base to reach all popular destinations in North Wales. On the other hand, for those wanting a day in the mountains away from the crowds, the quieter and wilder the Rhinogydd (Rhinogs in English) are only a few miles, and can be reached without having to jump in the car.
The perfect location for...
- Most of North Wales' attractions within an easy drive
- Very well equipped kitchen and dining areas for family get togethers
- A working farm to explore
- Internationally renowned Royal St. David's Golf Club 2 miles down the road
Climbers and Walkers
- 10 miles south of Tremadog
- 25 miles south of Snowdon
- 20 miles north of Cader Idris
- Packed lunch provided on request!